The capital available through MILLER is derived from the firm, its principal and often co-institutional investors for a specific transaction; as such, we are opportunistic in our approach and have an efficient investment decision process. We are generally active investors, and look to partner with owners and management teams of established middle-market companies located in North America, Europe and Asia.
We seek those opportunities where the operational, financial and transactional experience of our principal can add value beyond just capital. Our opportunistic approach also allows us to design a structure that is mutually beneficial. The following briefly highlights the characteristics of investments by MILLER.
- Generalists focused primarily in: manufacturing, retail, service industries, insurance, financial, distribution businesses, IT services, restaurants, technology, media (consumer branded products) and CleanTech
- Exclude: oil, gas, mining, energy and biotechnology
- Established companies with revenue in excess of USD $5.0M
- Proven management teams
- Positive operating margins
- Defensible market share
- Diversified customer base without undue concentrations
TYPES OF INVESTMENTS
- Equity or Mezzanine Debt
- Growth Capital
- Owner Liquidity – Recapitalization
- Minority or Majority Stakes
- North America